Yesterday, in regular DYFS fashion, the caseworker called and wanted to reschedule Josiah's moving day. They wanted to pick him up right after court on Thursday.
I had a melt-down on the phone.
"But....*sniff*...Justin and I took off of....*sniff*...work on Friday...*sniff*....and we got substitutes...*sniff*...and I haven't started....*sniff*...packing yet.... And we just....*sob*sob*...wanted to spend Friday morning together as a....*sniff*....family....
The caseworker said it was all set and she had already called everyone to change it to Thursday.
"There's....*sniff*....nothing you can do? You just told us that it was FRIDAY.... and we had planned our lives around FRIDAY."
"Well..." she seemed annoyed. "I guess I can call everyone back up and see what I can do. But I'm not promising anything."
"Yes, please do that." I hate you. I hate you. I hate you.
Three hours later, it was scheduled back to Friday morning between 10 and 11.
Yesterday the word "tomorrow" seemed insurmountable. It was scary and daunting and impossible. Today the word "tomorrow" seems okay. It means 24 hours together. I can handle that. I can get the packing done in time. I can take more pictures. I can feed him all of his favorite meals I know he will like.
God is so good to us. He even gave us a snow day so that we could spend all of today together as a family! Tomorrow is still a scary word, but I am trusting that God will give us the peace to do his will and do it well.
2 comments:
Megan,
Your faithfulness is such a wonderful example to those around you. Your paths may or may not cross again, but you and Justin have laid a foundation that no one else could and that was all a part of God's plan! Blessings on the 4 of you as you spend this day snowed in making special lasting memories!
The Bates' are praying for all of you!
Megan,
I know I wrote this on your facebook wall too.. but I just wanted to let you know that I am praying for you and Justin and the baby and Molly. I know tomorrow will be extremely hard. But God is good and this is His plan.
Love you so much! Praying for you!
Post a Comment