Friday, January 21, 2011

I am Thankful for Bed Bugs

Yes, you read that correctly.

Last week, I was overcome with loss, grief, and fear for Josiah's future.

This week I was too busy concerned with Josiah's present to consider what will be taking place the following week.

I wasn't a foster mom this week.  I was Josiah's real momma- fighting for his safety, his well-being, his comfort.  It felt good have the opportunity to advocate on his behalf this one last time.  And I tell you, it felt good to win one.  I may have lost the war, but I won a battle, and that one little victory tasted so sweet.

I think the sword is as equally heavy as the shield sometimes, but oh... to swing that thing around!  At least it felt like I was doing something besides just protecting myself from oncoming adversaries.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love how strong you are. You are an amazing woman!

Megan said...

Thank you Beth, that's so sweet. I think strength comes from obedience and relying on God for wisdom. Praying that God's strength with shine through you too!