Saturday, January 15, 2011

Flipping Mad

If I was a cartoon character, I would have steam coming out of my ears.  Josiah went for his visitation on Thursday.  This is his 3rd in a row after the parents missed 11 weeks in a row before that.  But of course, they still have rights because our stupid state takes forever to terminate parental rights. Errrrrr..... But that's not the only reason I'm mad.

Our caseworker called on Friday (the day AFTER visitation) to tell us that the parents have bed bugs and to look for any rashes or bites that Josiah might have.  SERIOUSLY????? You're going to tell us 24 hours AFTER he could have been exposed to look for bed bugs!?!?!? If I would have known, I would have stripped him as soon as he walked in the door, whisked him upstairs for a bath, and thrown the diaper bag into the woodstove.  The case worker told us the transportation worker forgot to tell us.  REALLY?!?!?  YOU THINK???   Division of Youth and Family Services, you make it SO difficult to think that any of you can do your job.  I would settle for semi-competent at this point.

So this morning, I woke up at 4:00 dreaming about millions of little bites I found all over Josiah, and I spent the next hour fuming in bed thinking of all unkind words I would share with the caseworker, the transportation worker, and the DYFS nurse.  I made up my mind that I would be refusing to cooperate with state-mandated visits anymore.  What are they going to do, take him away from us?  I'm sorry, but I'm not going to expose my family to these things so two idiots can pretend that creating offspring makes them "parents."  





No comments: