Easy? Will there ever be a day that is easy?
I told her January 14th. I think I choked the sentence out without her knowing I was crying. Probably not though. I figured Josiah would be going to the grandfather's for that weekend anyway and it would give us one more weekend with him and a week to pack his things.
I feel like the past 24 hours has been one long cry with a few breaks in between. There is so much I am learning, processing, thinking, feeling. I'm aching to write it down, but I dare not waste the precious time I have left. I'll be posting pictures and some songs I find comforting this week and I would ask that you would feel free to share any verses or songs you think may be encouraging as well.
Thank you so much for keeping our family in your thoughts and prayers this week. It's going to be rough one.
Last month, I wrote the lyrics to this hymn on our chalkboard in our kitchen, and I'm trying to saturate my thinking with its truth. My prayer is that in the midst of great sorrow, I will see great peace, great comfort, and great joy that only the Father can give.
- He giveth more grace as our burdens grow greater,
He sendeth more strength as our labors increase;
To added afflictions He addeth His mercy,
To multiplied trials He multiplies peace. - When we have exhausted our store of endurance,
When our strength has failed ere the day is half done,
When we reach the end of our hoarded resources
Our Father’s full giving is only begun. - Fear not that thy need shall exceed His provision,
Our God ever yearns His resources to share;
Lean hard on the arm everlasting, availing;
The Father both thee and thy load will upbear. - His love has no limits, His grace has no measure,
His power no boundary known unto men;
For out of His infinite riches in Jesus
He giveth, and giveth, and giveth again.
4 comments:
One of my favorites is "Be Still, My Soul." I can't find a youtube video that I like, but here are the lyrics:
Be still, my soul! the Lord is on thy side;
Bear patiently the cross of grief or pain;
Leave to thy God to order and provide;
In every change He faithful will remain.
Be still, my soul! thy best, thy heav'nly Friend
Through thorny ways leads to a joyful end.
Be still, my soul! thy God doth undertake
To guide the future as He has the past.
Thy hope, thy confidence let nothing shake;
All now mysterious shall be bright at last.
Be still, my soul! the waves and winds still know
His voice who ruled them while He dwelt below.
Be still, my soul! the hour is hast'ning on
When we shall be forever with the Lord,
When disappointment, grief, and fear are gone,
Sorrow forgot, love's purest joys restored.
Be still, my soul! when change and tears are past,
All safe and blessed we shall meet at last.
Here's a verse that I found online that wasn't in my hymnal. (It goes between the 2nd and 3rd verses.)
Be still, my soul: when dearest friends depart,
And all is darkened in the vale of tears,
Then shalt thou better know His love, His heart,
Who comes to soothe thy sorrow and thy fears.
Be still, my soul: thy Jesus can repay
From His own fullness all He takes away.
Great one, Robin! Thank you!
(((I love you, sweet sisters, and am so blessed to have you both in my life!!!!))) My heart aches for Justin and you, Megan!!!! I just keep thinking about Ginny Owens "If you want me to." I don't know why God asks us to bear some burdens, to walk through a very long and lonely valley, and I can't pretend to understand why He's brought you here. Just know that you are bathed in prayer for your hearts (and sanity), and that sweet little boy, who is so blessed to have called you Mommy and Daddy for a season. I LOVE YOU SO MUCH!!!!!
Post a Comment