Twenty five.
I know that getting 1/6th of the way through the book of Psalms doesn't seem like a huge accomplishment, but I didn't want to wait until I did 25 more to celebrate. I wanted to start this blog as a way to document my devotions- honestly just for a few people who I had shared that I was doing this with. I know that I was more likely to be faithful in doing devotions if I felt I was accountable to someone- so I wanted to blog about the lessons I was learning.... and really just force my sisters to read them :o) I never imagined it would turn into something so introspective and personal and honest. I'm so glad I'm able to look back at God's faithfulness. I am humbled and honored and encouraged when I hear and read that people are praying for my family and are strengthened in their own faith through this blog.
So as a way to celebrate and to thank you, reader, I want to give away an illustration. 5 x 7", colored with vibrant Prismacolors, framed and matted.
Here's the deal:
All you have to do is leave a comment and in that comment tell me your favorite illustration. I hope that it depicts a verse that is encouraging to you. I hope that when you see it, it will remind you of a characteristic of God that you need to claim as truth and apply to your life.
Here is a list of all of the illustrations thus far: Psalms 1-25.
I know that some of the illustrations are personal, so if there is anything you would like me to change in it to apply more to you, I can do that!
On Sunday May 30th, I'll do a little random number generator action and announce the winner!
Thank you for reading. And thank you more for praying. :o)
Happy commenting.
4 comments:
So...am I eligible for this even though I have a few already? If so, since I already have 1 and 4, I'd have to say my favorites are definitely 8 and 19.
By the way, I was thinking the other day that you should totally print series of these and sell them on etsy as framed pieces and cards. I think that cards would sell really well. You could get the picture printed on the outside and print the verse on the inside or the back.
Hooray! I just love giveaways! Thanks, Megan!
I have four favorites, which I'm trying to narrow down: 1, 2, 15, 19.
I *think* 19 is my favorite. But I'm not positive. Hehe. If I win, perhaps I'll have to actually finalize my decision. ;)
From Gena...
My favorite illustration is Psalm Ten: God protects, God Provides. My mother and father had 5 children, the very first words my Dad spoke to all five of us the moment we were born was "Protect yourself at all times". Further, each day I realize that I have a Protector watching over me and my two girls....some days that thought makes the day just a little bit easier to get through.
Jill says...
"I'm not into commenting on blogs, but I have been reading your blog for a while, and thought I'd respond to your giveaway!
I love all of your illustrations though - don't really have a favourite. I think they're amazing!"
Post a Comment