Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Psalm Three: Lifting our Head to His Holy Hill


"But you are a shield around me, O LORD.
You bestow glory on me and lift up my head.
To the LORD I cry aloud and he answers me from his holy hill." v. 3-4



I find it comforting, God, to know that when suffering occurs in my life, I am still in the all-encompassing care and protection of my Heavenly Father. You allow me to see your perspective only when I am able to cry out to you and realize that You are sill my King, alive and enthroned in Heaven.


For this drawing, I contrasted to curved line down in the face, looking towards turmoil, to the upturned line in the larger face looking towards the holy hill, where God crowns us with glory. The larger face shape also represents the shield that God surrounds us in, which we are more likely to recognize when we are praising Him.

2 comments:

Robin said...

Question about this one: whose hands are those?

Megan said...

oh good question...I was meaning for them to be the person's- lifted uo to praise God. But I suppose they would work as God's hands lifting up our head. hmmm...