Friday, November 20, 2009

Psalm Twelve: Words Like Silver


"Help, LORD, for the godly are no more; the faithful have vanished from among men. Everyone lies to his neighbor; their flattering lips speak with deception." v. 1-2
"'Because of the oppression of the weak and the groaning of the needy, I will now arise,' says the LORD. 'I will protect them from those who malign them.'
And the words of the the LORD are flawless, like silver refined in a furnace of clay purified seven times." v. 5-6

The psalmist compared the lying words of the ungodly to the perfect flawless words of God. The way God will protect us from lies is to infiltrate us with His truth.

1 comment:

Robin said...

I really like this picture. I'd love a fireplace to cozy up to right about now.

I also like the idea that God's words are refined like silver that's been purified 7 times. It's comforting to know that God's promises (and his commands) are only given after He has really considered them over and over, leaving no possibility of error. I like that God is careful with His words like that.