
"O LORD, do not rebuke me in your anger or discipline me in your wrath. Be merciful to me, LORD, for I am faint. O LORD, heal me for my bones are in agony." v. 1
"The LORD has heard my cry for mercy; the LORD accepts my prayer." v. 9
I find I am more likely to cry out to God for help when I am in the most pain. I admit, like the Psalmist here, that He is in control of my life, and not myself. (It's funny how when things are going well I'm not as likely to claim God as "sovereign.") By calling Him "Lord," we are recognizing his sovereignty. Here in this passage, the Psalmist recognizes that he can no longer rely on himself for relief, and reassures himself that God does indeed hear him.
In our lowest times, we realize how far away we are from God and are in need of His mercy. Could it be that had we not reached that point, we would have never realized how much we need God?
2 comments:
Hey, Megs. I don't understand the picture's connection to this post. Could you explain?
So the prickly scribbles at the bottom are the pit of enemies that seem all-encompassing, entangling and impossible to get out of. The straight line is a cliff that emphasizes that we can not possibly get out of our entanglement alone. The vine "I am the vine, you are the branches..." represents God, our rescuer.
Post a Comment