Friday, November 6, 2009

Psalm Five: Silent Night, Holy Morning





"Give ear to my words, O LORD,
consider my sighing.
Listen to my cry for help, my King and my God,
for to you I pray.
In the morning, O LORD, you hear my voice;
in the morning I lay my requests before you and wait in expectation." v. 1-3



I found it interesting the progression from chapter four to five.

Keeping silent
Sleeping knowing God is in control
Asking God to listen
Sighing
Crying to a God who is Sovereign
Acknowledging that God is listening
Requesting
Waiting
Expecting

It is interesting what perspective can bring when God sheds his light on our suffering and turns it into something that glorifies Himself.

In this drawing, the smooth path represents the way we know we are supposed to go that is directed by God's leading toward Himself (the sun). However, we are forced to go through a deep dark time represented by the trees. In them are hidden words such as "pain, doubt, why, etc." The morning sun is dispelling clouds, or the night's darkness that appears to be surrounding us.

No comments: