Monday, November 9, 2009

Psalm Seven: God is my Shield


"Oh LORD my God, I take refuge in you; save and deliver me from all who pursue me, or they will tear me like a lion and rip me to pieces with no one to rescue me." v. 1-2
"My shield is God Most High, who saves the upright in heart." v. 10


My enemies come in many forms- pride, doubt, hopelessness, self-pity,...

I'm glad I can hide in the Truth of His Word and His hope when times are hard
and when they are not.


1 comment:

Robin said...

I like the lion in this picture. I think that a lot of times our enemies look like that... deceptively cute and cuddly, not showing us their faces and their massive teeth ready to tear you to shreds if you let your guard down.

And thanks for naming those enemies. I think it's helpful to think about things like doubt and hopelessness as things I am being attacked by rather than an inextricable part of my emotional state. Naming them as enemies makes it seem more natural and doable to arm myself against them.