Monday, November 9, 2009

Psalm Eight: We Serve a Creative Creator!


"Oh LORD, our LORD, how majestic is your name in all the earth! You have set your glory above the heavens."
v. 1
"When I consider the heavens, the work of your fingers, the moon and the stars, which you have set in place. What is man that you are mindful of him, the son of man that you care for him? You made him a little lower than the heavenly beings and crowned him with glory and honor. You made him ruler over the works of your hands. You put everything under his feet. all the flocks and herds and the beasts of the field, the birds of the air, and the fish of the sea, all that swim the paths of seas." v. 3-8


There is a poster in my art room that says:

"God created creatures that creatively create from creation."

God, I know you love me when I look at creation because you didn't have to make things beautiful...but You did because You wanted all things good to point to you- the Creator.

1 comment:

Robin said...

This is one of my favorite drawings from this whole project. I would love a painting of this for my craft room at some point...you know, after my wedding portrait and last year's birthday painting for my kitchen are done. Seriously, Megan, I don't know what you've been doing with yourself. :o) Just kidding. Give those babies lots of kisses from me today.