Friday, July 9, 2010

Upcoming Court...Maybe?

We have another court date coming up on Monday.  This would be the court that we were supposed to have on June 21st, which got postponed from May 17th when one of the lawyers didn't show up. Third time's the charm?

I don't really want to go, especially since Justin can't go with me.  He has to work that day.  Boo.  I figured if I can drive in New York City, Atlantic City is no big deal, right?  My palms just started to sweat thinking about it.  I am so not independent.

I'm really really bummed that I won't be able to bring my felting stuff with me because I have to walk through a metal-detector before I can get into the building.  I'm thinking 3-pronged 3-inch barbed needles might be mistaken for a weapon.  "No, no, policeman, I'm felting flowers out of purple wool to make pins."  That sounds plausible, right?

Again, no idea what court will be about.  Although, I did get a call from Josiah's law guardian asking the usual, "How's he doing?  What's he eating?  How much does he weigh?  What's going on- has DYFS told you?"  She is Josiah's advocate at court who does nothing.  I think she thinks by finding out answers to her questions, she now knows all about him.   She always tells me she thinks he should stay with me, but then when we get to court she tells the judge absolutely nothing.

During this phone call she said to me, "If he were 8 months, it would be a different story, but he's 15.  I can't imagine him moving out of your home when he's doing so well, is so attached to you,  and it doesn't appear that the family is exactly eager to get him.  Enough's enough.  He needs a permanent home."


Oh, geez.  Give me hope, why don't you?  Kick me when I'm down.

I'm choosing not to think about it and working hard on getting all of your Lydia pin orders out in a timely manner.


We've had 45 orders so far, by the way.  Keep them coming!  :o)

No comments: