God has put some amazing people in my life, one of which happens to be one of my sister's friends. My sister, Robin, met Hannah at Wheaton College, and now Hannah lives in Philadelphia with her husband Josh. Hannah is working on developing her portfolio as a professional photographer, and she asked if I would like some photos taken of my children. Ummmm...yes? No brainer- especially since I am the "family photographer," and I RARELY actually get to be in pictures with my children.
Here is Hannah's blog with pictures of my littles. Thank you, Hannah! You are awesome!
And speaking of awesome, my other sister, Amy, who lives in South Carolina, has had a new addition to her family. This isn't your regular "someone had a baby...whatever" kind of news. This is a "God is awesome and performs miracles" kind of news. Amy and I both share the same rare genetic condition that greatly limits the chances of carrying a baby to full term. After she was told that she had this abnormality, and after going through fertility treatments for years to no avail, Amy and her husband, Jared, adopted an amazing little boy, Jesse, from the foster care system. And low and behold...Amy got pregnant shortly thereafter on her own! (Don't "they" say that always happens?) Amy had a very difficult pregnancy. She went into labor at 24 weeks, and thanks to very strict bedrest and medication and lots of prayer, Micah Own Plew was born at 37 weeks, healthy and developed. He has a little clubbed foot (as you'll be able to see) that doctors needed to put a cast on, but compared to the slew of issues that could have happened if he were to come into the world so early, the complications are minimal.
Amy's friend, Jordan, did a photoshoot with her family, and I wanted to share those pictures with you as well.
Now Amy and I both have a "J" and an "M." :o) Enjoy!
No comments:
Post a Comment