Sunday, October 31, 2010

Court last Monday

October 25th was another pre-trial case hearing.  We didn't want to go A)because we didn't want to see the family when we didn't have to.  B)because Justin didn't want to have to take another day off of work and C)nothing was really going to be happening- just some rehashing of some psych evals and such.  The termination of parental rights was set for November 8th, and we are going to go to that one.

Later that day Josiah's law guardian called with some crazy news.

Remember when I told you that Josiah's case worker had taken a vacation for two weeks?  Well in the chaos of getting all of her cases in order before she left, she FORGOT to get Josiah and his brother to a bonding evaluation with his biological father.  Apparently, we were supposed to be there too, but we were never told.  The judge was PISSED that DYFS missed a court-ordered evaluation, so the new bonding evaluation date got rescheduled to December 9th.

And the trial?

Reset for APRIL....APRIL!!!!!!! As in 5 months away.  Can you believe it?!?!

That means another Christmas and birthday to celebrate together as a family of four.  There will still be a case hearing on November 8th in which the majority of the discussion will be about Josiah.  I am super nervous about this one.  I'm expecting to hear, "As soon as the aunt is certified, he can go!"  I get a knot in my stomach just thinking about it.

So some things to pray for...

November 8th court day
December 9th bonding evaluation
And the trial in April...  I still can't believe it when I see it typed out.  That is so far away!!!


There will hopefully be lots more family memories to make until then.  

2 comments:

Guest of said...

Ugh! This news makes me sick. But I hope that after two years of being with a family who loves and adores Josiah and who he is obviously bonded with will show the judge he should stay with you. I will keep you all in my prayers! God Bless.

Guest of said...

praying... and YAY for another CHristmas/birthday:) God is good.

Ginny