Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Psalm Nineteen: Heavens Declare

"The heavens declare the glory of God; the skies proclaim the work of his hands.  Day after day they pour forth speech; night after night they display knowledge.  There is no speech or language where their voice is not heard." v 1-3


In the heavens he has pitched a tent for the sun, which is like a bridegroom coming forth from his pavilion, like a champion rejoicing to run his course.  It rises at one end of the heavens and makes its circuit to the other; nothing is hidden from its heat." v 4b-6




Dear God, You have made Yourself known simply by the work of your hands.  Your creation alone shows your power and when I look up to the sky, I see how much you have under your control.  Everyone on earth can see your creation and is without excuse to know of your existence.  God, You see all.  Keep me always looking up to you, because if I am too busy focusing on the woes of life, I am going to miss something that You're trying to teach me about Yourself.


3 comments:

Robin said...

I really like this picture...all the light and the swirliness. But could you explain it a little? Why are there two suns?

Megan said...

I guess I was trying to convey the "day after day" part, how it "rises at one end of the heavens and makes its circuit to the other." But figuratively I guess it could represent God's glory- how though darkness of night comes and can not out-shine the work of God's hands.

And, Robin, you'll be happy to know that I broke out the Prismacolors the other day and are now adding vibrant colors to some of these sketches! They are colored in my head already, but there's a finality in revisiting them and actually bringing them to a finished state. I'll have to take some pictures and repost some of them.

Robin said...

nice. i like the "day after day" thing. I hadn't thought about the picture detecting a cyclical movement. I love that.

Hooray for color!! That is super exciting. I can't wait to see them!