Today Molly and I talked about what it meant for Zachaeus to be a "tax collector." In our game today, the big, bad tax collector was played by "Evil Dr. Porkchop."
I set up some stuffed animals with piles of money in front of them for our tax collector to collect.
I told her, "Zacheas had to take 1 coin from each person, but he took more than he should! Is that a good choice or a bad choice?" She said, "that's a bad choice, Zacchaeus!"
And she scooped up all the coins and put them in her piggy bank. (She LOVES to play with money, so this proved to be an easy thing to get her to do.)
We dumped out all the coins and counted them.
Then I told her, "After Zacchaes met Jesus, he wanted to be nice to everyone and give their money back!" Molly just wanted to feed her toys the coins so her answer was, "Oh what a good idea! That sounds delicious!"
And I ended with, "and everyone was so happy that they got their money back and they knew that Zachaeus was nice after he met Jesus!"
I really don't know how much Molly understood what a tax collector does, or how after we know Jesus, he helps us be nice to other people, but she did love playing with her coins!






2 comments:
I love that you're doing this with her! You're an inspiration, sweet, clever sister! I need to do this with my boys!
Ditto. Very nicely done, Megs.
Post a Comment