Thursday, June 2, 2011

Molly Time

I feel like I have a huge list of to-do's that are just looming over my head.  A big commission, finishing the girls' room, teaching in the afternoons (tomorrow I'm done...yay!), cleaning like a madwoman, and trying to fit in some relaxing time where I can put my feet up so my legs don't swell up like purple veiny sausages...sorry for the lovely mental image there.  I'm trying to do these things all before Sunday when Justin has to leave for two weeks.  Realistically, I think I'm going to have to let some things go...

I have great intentions of writing about all of these things and the lessons God has taught me through the process of getting ready for baby-in-waiting.  But until I can have pictures to show of completed things, I might as well wait.

So in the midst of trying to be productive, I am soaking up some Molly time and loving every minute of it.


Last Saturday, I got a lovely email from my local freecycle community notifying me of a "everything's free after 3:00 yardsale!" We were too late to scoop up what I went to get (a screened in gazebo)..bummer...but I got a few other little gems.  One of which, was this really cool vintage tin.  When I opened it, it was filled with zippers, and I thought to myself, "This is something that a Home Ec teacher should have."When I got home and took out all of the zippers, I was so excited the entire bottom of the tin was about 2 inches deep full of buttons!!!  So what did I do?



I spent an hour cleaning and sorting through them, of course.  Why?  Because I have nothing better or more pressing to do.  And buttons are awesome.  Every cool person should have a button collection.


Molly thinks they're pretty awesome too.  She spent a good 45 minutes playing with them on the floor this morning, scooping them up and dumping them into different containers and hearing how they clinked in the glass jar and how they thudded into the plastic containers.  She thinks they are just as magical as I do.  








We had to put them away when she started taking them behind the couch into her secret tunnel.  Maybe one day we'll put them into little glass jars and go bury them in the sandbox.  They can be our pirate treasure.  

It struck me today that there will be a time in the very near future when buttons on the floor won't be too kosher when there's a baby crawling around.  It makes me thankful for the time I have to spend with Molly before baby girl comes.  

Out of all the things I should be doing to prepare, I can't think of a better way I could be spending my time right now...you know... doing the important things in life like scooping buttons, tasting butter for cookies, and "painting."  









1 comment:

Robin said...

Hooray for buttons!!...and for Molly...and for you. :o)