This past Christmas, Justin and I took the plunge and became "minivan people." One more kid, and we would have outgrown our Pontiac Torrent, so we decided it was time. We got a great deal on our trade in...and it even has a cool automatic door opener on the keychain and a back-up camera! Isn't she pretty? I haven't given her a name, but even if I did, I'm sure she wouldn't like it. She has every reason not to like me very much right now.
Two weeks ago, I had the best morning ever. I took Molly out for a well visit at the doctor, we went to the produce outlet, the grocery store and made a stop at the playground. It was getting a little warm, so we headed home around 10:30...plenty of time to do lunch and for me to get ready for work by 12. When we got home, I took Molly and the groceries in the house, answered the phone that was ringing as I walked in the door, and I was feeling like the best little multi-tasking mama in the world.
An hour and a half later, I got into my car to go to work, and found the key in the ignition. I went to turn it and it wouldn't turn. Why? Because it was already on. It had been running for an hour and a half. With the air on. The car was out of gas, something was wrong with the battery, and some light that I did not recognize was blinking at me on the dash board. I broke it.
An hour car ride to the nearest mechanic (3 miles away) at 3 mph, 4 days, and $46 later, it was fixed thanks to my wonderfully patient husband, who was not upset.
Molly wanted to have many conversations about where our car was. After a while, she could answer the question herself, "Mama's car. Broken. I fits it?"
"Daddy is getting it fixed," I told her. He is our hero.
The next week, I had to take Molly out again to the grocery store for one of our many Home Ec supply runs. It had just started pouring rain when we got back home. Justin pulled in the driveway a few minutes later. He happened to come home for lunch that day.
Molly was in the house, groceries in the kitchen, and the keys were hanging on the wall. I wasn't incapable of running errands after all. "Did you notice I turned off the car?" I asked him, so proud of myself.
"Did you know you left the car door open?" he asked.
I fail at life.
Then.... today. I left school early to go to the chiropractor and massage therapist. After I left, I was feeling tingly and loosey-goosey and loving life a little bit more than yesterday. I was 2 minutes away from home, when all of a sudden, when I was going over a bridge, I felt a stirring jolt heard a scraping sound. A sign came out of nowhere and clipped my car!
Seriously, people. WHAT IS MY PROBLEM!!??!!?
Of course, because he is awesome, Justin wasn't mad. He told me that it's just a car. I disagree. I think it is a two ton hunk of metal purposefully designed to keep me humble.
I think my pregnancy should require a designated driver. Apparently, I'm incapable of any vehicular responsibility whatsoever.

1 comment:
i seriously cried from laughing so hard!
Post a Comment