The first time was when Justin's brother was married in Boston, and we got to stay with my sister.
Josiah was one month old. I was five months pregnant with Molly. I remember sitting in church while holding Josiah praying that we could keep him. I remember thinking that this was the first church service that Molly could hear when she was inside of me. And I remember praying that Josiah would be able to hear the same words spoken to him that were spoken to us during the service, about God's grace and the hope of Heaven.
And I remember on our way home, stopping to meet one month old Lydia for the first time and being thankful for the hope of Heaven.
I'll remember missing Josiah and Lydia, thinking they were here the last time we were. I'll remember sitting in church on Easter morning, seven months pregnant with our baby girl, and being thankful for the hope of Heaven, and praying that all the children I've been blessed to meet will know this hope one day because my Savior lives.




3 comments:
Sigh. Once again, Megan, you touched me.
Well, it's possible that one month old Sadie may visit us here if Jason doesn't get another job.
hmmmm....tempting, Robin. I think it's your turn to travel with a wee baby next time ;o)
Post a Comment