Monday, April 18, 2011

Molly's Room

This weekend I tackled a big project.  It was time to clean out Molly's closet.  Not only is she growing out of her 18 months clothes, but it's time to put the winter clothes away and get out the spring and summer outfits.  I have some very generous friends who have lent me bins and bags of girl clothes.  It was finally time to sort through them all.  

But cleaning out the closets also meant that I had to start going through Josiah's clothes.  This was the last of the remnants that declared he lived there.  Memories cling to clothes like nothing else.  I remember him wearing each outfit as I put it away in a box.  I even found a couple of outfits that I should have sent along with him and a wave of guilt spilled over me as I told myself I had the opportunity to bless him with something else and I missed it because his closet was too messy.  I found his old crib bumper and tucked it away in the closet.


and his little gingerbread costume he wore when he was with his cousins for the last time.  


(I think he stole Jesse's cookie here and he wasn't too happy about it.)  

It's funny how memories of him can make me smile and cry at the same time.  I wonder when they will start to sting less.  



But in the midst of sadness for what I've lost, each item that I put away felt like the opportunity to bless another little boy with them one day.  It will probably be one of Molly's cousins that will wear them.  Maybe Micah (my older sister's adorable miracle baby.)

                                  

Or Judah (my younger sister's little gem who I get to meet in 4 days!!!!!!!!)... this is his Zoolander impression.


Here is the "I feel like I belong on Hoarders" shot in the "it always looks worse before it looks better" phase.



And the final result!  





I'm tempted to start going through the newborn clothes and adding them to the closet too, but it's nice that this is just Molly's room right now.  This is a very very short phase in her life when she doesn't have to share anything....here's proof that she's enjoying this season...  

(this is our slide/trampoline addition to the living room) 



But something tells me she's not going to mind sharing too much.  





It's fun to think about how many changes this room has been through in the 4 years we have lived here.  

A guest room
A room a student teacher lived in for 6 weeks
Josiah's room 
Josiah and Nino's room 
Josiah's room again
Josiah and Molly's room 
Molly's room 
and in a few short months...

THE GIRLS' ROOM!  (and maybe it can stay that way for a while)  

But for now, enjoy the peace and quiet and lots of closet space, Molly!  

No comments: