I know that Saturday is going to be hard for our family. I'm a planner, and as much as I just want to do whatever feels right on Saturday...cry, look at pictures, laugh...whatever, I want to have a goal.
I don't want to just "get through the day."
I don't want to mourn the day.
I don't want to even celebrate the day.
I want to REDEEM the day.
I want to turn a day that will be sad into something beautiful that will honor and glorify God because of the simple fact that Josiah was born, and for twenty two months of that life we got to be his parents. That is a reason to praise our Heavenly Father!
So here is my request for his birthday...
I wrapped a little gift box. (I know I am a terrible wrapper.)
And in that box I would like to fill it with notecards with messages from you.
I would love for you to comment or send us a message. It could be a....
- a prayer for Josiah
- a verse to encourage us
- a special memory you have of Josiah
- a lesson you learned about God from Josiah's story
- even a simple "I'm praying for Josiah on his birthday!"
- or a "hey...I'm thinking of you today."
- or whatever you want!
I'm going to take each comment and write it on a notecard along with your name and throughout the day on Saturday when I feel strong enough, Justin and Molly and I are going to open the box and read through the cards as a family.
I know a lot of you read and don't feel comfortable commenting. But...it would be such an encouragement to Justin and I if you would help add to Josiah's birthday box (even if I don't know you or have never met you, or you didn't know Josiah personally...you can still comment!) Thank you so much for helping us to redeem this day. I'm excited about all the things God will teach us through your encouragement.
(You can comment here, drop us a line on face book, or email meganbenson81 @ gmail.com)
Thank you so much!
~Megan


10 comments:
I love the idea! I am going to email you something, a bit later, but i wanted to let you know i love the idea and your box is beautifully wrapped! i love you and your family and am thinking and praying for you guys.
Oh I love this...
Siah,
Today you are two big guy! We are praising God today for making you, and growing you. Praising him for planning your days and continuing to fulfill His purpose in you. Praising God for the days we shared your belly laugh and sweet smile. Praying for a day filled with blessings and love. Praying for a year filled with God's perfect plans and peace. Praying for a lifetime of walking with Jesus-for there is no greater gift. Love you, Josiah.
LOVE this. Praying for you guys as you remember and Josiah. Here's two verses that came to mind...
Matthew 18:5 "Whoever welcomes a little child like this in my name welcomes me."
Proverbs 22:6 "Train a child in the way he should go, and when he is old he will not depart from it."
Megan, Justin, and Molly,
My heart aches for you on this special day that you long to spend with Josiah. I am not sure any of my words could truly encourage you, so I would just like to remind you of how much you have encouraged me.
The story of Josiah, as you have told it on your blog, is an inspirational, heart wrenching, wonderful story. Most days, the beauty of that story as I read it is in how angry I get. I often want to march right to these people’s home (who I do not know) and tell them just what I think of them. Yet, the lesson you teach me every time is how to be patient, loving, and trust in the Lord.
The strength and faith that you have in the Lord is incredible. It has truly been an inspiration to me. I often pray that Anthony and I might develop a marriage with such a strong foundation on the Word of God as you two have. You have taught me much about the Lord and delivered much wisdom- and I thank you for that.
None of this will bring Josiah back for his birthday, but I hope that it will help you to see just some of the blessing that has stemmed from your time with that sweet boy. I am positive that I am not the only one to have been blessed through your circumstance. I think of a pebble being thrown into the river. That pebble is Josiah being placed into your lives. I hope that someday he will know the innumerable ripples of blessing that he has created.
Praying for you all, and baby Benson as well, especially on Saturday.
-Brittany J.
I somewhat wish I were good with words, but I'm not. So I'll just say that I'm thinking of you and love you.
Katherine
Today is a day we can celebrate a life that we were priveleged to touch, and one that touched so many. I could not be more proud of both of you, and the example that you have been to so many. I am so grateful to God for enriching our lives with Josiah.
Josiah is a beautiful little boy that makes me smile everytime I think of him.
His first jeep ride with Jesse, his laugh and smile and the joy that he got just from playing with Christmas wrapping paper are all memories that I will cherish forever. Thank you. Happy Birthday Siah!!
Josiah -
Today I'm praying that you will grow up to be a man who loves God. "No two Christians will ever meet for the last time."
Becky P
Josiah...Happy Birthday!
Daudz laimes dzimšanas dienā!
С Днем Рождения!
Before you were born, your heavenly Father was forming you. He had thoughts about you, more than you will ever imagine. I believe during this forming, He began to have hopes and dreams for your life, your destiny. This day of your birth is a big deal, because it's the day that all these hopes and dreams held the possibility of coming to pass.
I pray you will grow up knowing how deep a love He has for you, and that you will become a man who follows after God. May the seeds planted in you, in these earliest years of your life point you to Him. You are loved!
Ps. 139
Elise
Dear Megan and Justin,
Your family is such an encouragement to so many. The way that you are allowing God to use you even in ways you may never know is astounding.
Praying for the peace that passes all understanding to be with you today and all days. Just as you have felt blessed to have Josiah in your lives he was blessed to have you share in his. The impact of the love he felt with you both and Molly will lay a good foundation for him.
Blessing and prayers to you all,
Katherine Sear
PS Megan:you always have been an example and an encouragement and you continue to be so today as you share your laughter, joy, sorrow, tears, and even anger. God uses your words mightily! You are a beautiful woman inside and out. "Charm is deceitful and beauty is vain but a woman who fears the Lord she shall be praised" I see in you a woman worthy of this praise :-)
Megan, Justin, & Molly,
May the Lord fill you with peace, provide you with comfort, and strengthen you with His love and mercy. You are all a blessing to many and the love, dedication, and grace you have shown throughout this experience is a testimony to His mighty awesomeness! May He lift you up, bless you, encourage you, and continue to grow your family. Josiah will forever remain a part of your family and I am praying for him on this special day!
love
shannon
Post a Comment