I've waited to post to ask for prayer mostly because I didn't want to think about it. But here it is, along with that familiar pit in my stomach. We usually have no idea about what court is going to be about. Here's what I do know: I know that the state is trying to take parental rights from Josiah's parents for his brother, David. I know that Brenda will be coming and testifying if the judge asks her to. I know that we will testify if the judge asks us to, although that has never happened. I know that there's a bonding evaluation planned for August 4th, so I'm thinking that the parents' lawyer is going to say nothing should happen until then. Other than that, as usual, we're in the dark.
Practically, here's what you can pray for:
-Ultimately, I would love to see Josiah's family see what a great place he's in and WANT him to stay with us.
- Pray that if we are called to testify, that we will make a good impression on the judge.
- Pray that the judge would want to expedite the process of taking parental rights away and give Josiah to us :o)
- Pray that God would slow the process down for Brenda to get certified (I know, mean, but this is what we have been praying for, and so far, He has.)
- Pray that everyone shows up, and something is actually moving forward.
I can't thank you enough for all of your prayers and kind thoughts. I'll be sure to post tomorrow on anything that's happening.
I love that boy. (and that girl...and their daddy.) :o)
1 comment:
praying for all of the above.
Post a Comment