"You still the hunger of those you cherish; their sons have plenty, and they store up wealth for your children. And I- in righteousness- I will see your face; when I awake, I will be satisfied with seeing your likeness." v 14b-15
God, I pray you hear me when I call- that your love will be so evident, that I will not question your faithfulness. Please do not forget me, and satisfy my longing for wanting to know "why" all of the time. I thank you for the hope of seeing all things through your perspective one day, and I know that when that time comes I will be satisfied with how You have worked everything out for good.
I love the idea of a refuge being a nest. For me, it is the symbol for security, fruitfulness, and hope of new life. Here I used the three eggs to represent the three babies I had lost up until this point in my life. It was reassuring to think of them- not as unborn- but as though they were waiting for me under the wings of protection of their Heavenly Father.
And I love when the Psalmist talks about us being in the apple of God's eye. "The apple" refers to the pupil of the eye. When we first got Josiah, his eyes were so dark brown, they were almost black. I would look deep into them and only see a perfect reflection of myself. What a beautiful word picture that God loves us so much, we are what He is completely focused on.
It is because the psalmist is focused on the face of God that, as he writes in verse 15, he displays the character of God in his own life, and therefore is satisfied despite all circumstances that surround him.
It is because the psalmist is focused on the face of God that, as he writes in verse 15, he displays the character of God in his own life, and therefore is satisfied despite all circumstances that surround him.


No comments:
Post a Comment